Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's judgement time

Okay - so now it's July 23 and the whole point of my blog was to document my attempts at eating food. Not too much.  Mostly plants. during the month of June.  

Time for the reckoning.

All in all, I did okay.  I tried some new vegetarian recipes, only purchased meat that was sustainably raised, hung out at farmer's markets, and even ordered vegetarian entrees at restaurants.  I read some books, found a lot of helpful websites and articles, cooked recommended recipes, and even made a new IRL friend (aw!).  I went without any meat for days at a time.  Whoa.  

Of course, I had some slip ups.  And more meals than perhaps should have been consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  But all in all, I think I did pretty well and that this is a lifestyle that I want keep.  I like the idea of consuming less meat and really knowing where my food comes from, so I think I'm going to continue my ef. ntm. mp. way of eating.  Oh kay! 

But what will my blog be now?  I guess it'll be a hodge podge of stuff.  Mostly ef ntm mp, but also stuff that I find interesting.  And yeah, probably an iphone post as well...

4 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Here's to new IRL friends! Holla!

Insomniac said...

holla!

Trisha said...

still no luck today? Insanity!

Flavia said...

Im trying this way of eating too and documenting it. Glad to know it went good for you! Sorry for jacking your blog title! I had no idea!!! What part did you find the hardest?