Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Walking the walk...

First meatless day!

Lunch I had a bowl of vegetable soup, for dinner I had some bean and cheese nachos, spinach/onion enchiladas, and dollar margaritas.  I ate too much and felt sick.  Again the "Not too much" part has bitten me in the ass.

Today will be different!

For lunch I'm having the swiss chard I bought at the Hollywood farmer's market.  I sauteed it with olive oil, garlic, and green onion.  Then I added organic tomatoes and pinto beans from Trader Joes.  I'm also having half of a vegetarian sandwich:  mozarella cheese, fresh sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, and hummus on whole wheat bread.  (I had the other half for breakfast.)  I am anticipating fabulousness.

For dinner I plan on making leek/lentil soup and lentils with shitake mushrooms.  If time permits, I'll make a bean dish as well.  Then I can just feast on leftovers.  I'm a real life plant eater, boys and girls!

Tonight I plan to go to the Culver City farmer's market and pick up some hummus and organic potatoes.  And maybe some artisan chocolate.

Tomorrow my plans are to cook some tofu.  

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

Sounds pretty delicious!