Monday, June 9, 2008

With a little help from my friends...

Sadly, I have no one in my immediate social circle that's a vegetarian.

But fortunately, there are tons that hang out on the Nest!

And here are some of their delectable recipes that they've posted... I'd like to think that they're trying to keep me from eating only bread, brie, goat cheese, grapes, and apples during June. This post is to share their wisdom, but also to help me keep all their advice/recipes in one handy dandy place.

Courtesy of the lovely G_Hoping:

Gazpacho Salad
1 - medium to large Zuchinni, chopped
1 - medium to large summer squash, chopped
2 - medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 can corn (regular, not cream)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 - small avocados, chopped

Combine all ingredients besides avocodos, let marinate for 1 hour. Then add avocodos before serving (or add them with the rest of ingredients if you don't mine them browning)

Courtesy of envinoveritas:

For dinner tonight I made tofu stirfry with already cubed super firm tofu, (Nasoya brand from Whole Foods), a bag of frozen veggies and 1/2 a container of Thai Curry Sauce from TJs. I had to hold myself back from licking the bowl after I was done.


Courtesy of MrsP_2007:

Falafel mix (just add water and saute in olive oil); whole wheat wraps; lettuce and tomato; and hummus. The mix made enough falafel for 2 dinners and 2 lunches. Total cost was probably $10.

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

I am just happy to see "gazpacho" spelled correctly. ;)