Friday, March 6, 2009

Bouchon in my bouche

Chatting away online, yeah4me and I discovered that we were going to be in Las Vegas during some overlapping days. Yippee! We made plans for a Sunday brunch at Bouchon.

Photobucket

Charming and bright interior

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

A waiter delivered fresh bread and butter to our table...

Photobucket


I ordered the special - Maine Crab Benedict with potatoes. I could really go for that about now... I'm starving. So much on that brunch menu looked good. I was torn between that and the corned beef hash. I love that stuff. But I was happy with my order, as it was very tasty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah4me got the chicken and waffles, which prompted Mr. Yeah4me to wax nostaglic about Roscoe's. One of these days, I'm going to have to make it out there.

Photobucket

Mr. Insomniac got the Croque Madame - a toasted ham and cheese on brioche with a fried egg and mornay sauce. Served with fries.

Photobucket

I don't remember what Mr. Yeah4me got, but he sure liked it. I think it was the steak and eggs special.


Good conversation, good food. Good times. I didn't want to leave and the drive 5 hours back to LA. Mostly because I was positive that I'd fall asleep while driving and land in a ditch in the Mojave.

5 comments:

Kennedy said...

Where is the pic of your two fabulous girls?

Grace said...

I haven't been to Bouchon in Vegas, but went to the one in Yountville years ago and it was fantastic.

There is a Roscoe's by my work and I still have never been there, yikes. I really should go. Chicken AND waffles... what's not to love?

weezermonkey said...

You've never been to Roscoe's?!

Let's go together. I can eat a Country Boy any day. (That's three wings and a waffle.)

Oh, and what's up with corned beef hash? It's like Mr. Monkey's fave thing in the world.

Liz said...

Tim and I are thinking of eating at Bouchon during our trip to Vegas in two weeks.

#1. you won't be in Vegas then, will you?!
#2. is this a good choice?

Unknown said...

Bouchon is great! However, my favorite restaurant in Vegas is L'Atelier de Joel Robouchon. Both WeezerMonkey and I have blog posts about it. And sadly, I have no immediate plans to be in Vegas in two weeks, lol.