Monday, August 25, 2008

T-minus three hours!

Tonight I'm going to Radiohead's concert at the Hollywood Bowl.  I'm so excited, I haven't been able to do any productive all day.

Last Wednesday we saw Jaime Cullum and the Count Basie Orchestra, as part of the Bowl's jazz nights.  Our seats were so great that even my crappy iphone camera made the performance look good.


He closed out the show with a great rendition of Rihanna's "Umbrella", accompanied only by his piano playing.  He was much better than the improvisational modern jazz group that preceded him.  Just when you thought one of their songs was going to end, it kept going and going... and going.            And going.

We barely got tickets for the Radiohead performance and our seats are far far away.  But the acoustics of the Bowl are great, so I'm not concerned.  It promises to be an awesome show.  The only down side is that they won't let me bring in my own booze.  And I won't be able to post any pictures because Thom Yorke will be this size ->  .    And blurry.  


2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Those seats are phenomenal! Too bad you don't have them again.

Have fun tonight!

Sarah said...

I would so much rather go to this than the Rascall Flats concert that I just purchased tickets for (for DH's birthday).....please, come save me.