Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Redd restaurant, or shorter meal with crappier pics

Dinner on Saturday was at Redd, a restaurant owned by chef Richard Reddington of Auberge du Soleil and Masa's.

Photobucket

We were seated on the patio which was pleasant enough. Overhead trees provide shade for diners, and wreck havoc on picture taking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The interior features warm woods and lots of skylights and windows to let in natural light.

Photobucket

The menu is classic nouveau American fare - hearty comfort food with an added refinement from world cuisines.

Photobucket

Our appetizers were wonderful. And filling.

Glazed pork belly, apple puree, burdock, soy caramel. Delicious - perfectly cooked and the ideal balance of salt, sweet, savory, and fat. lol

Photobucket

We started with the English pea and ricotta ravioli, foie gras meatballs, and shaved parmesan. Oh so good. So bloody good.

Photobucket

Mr. Insom's entree: Liberty farms duck breast, onion fondue, cherries, spinach, turnips, and five spice.

Photobucket


For my entree I got the Niman ranck pork osso bucco with a pine nut crust and green garlic potato puree. After our incredibly rich apps, I took a couple of bites and was immediately full.

Photobucket

But not full enough to prevent me from having dessert. Funny how that conveniently worked out. ;)

Photobucket

Good thing too - they were amazing.

While we were waiting for dessert, we heard the people at the table next to us arguing... Apparently one of the woman at the table wanted to look at her dining companion's cell phone and he kept refusing. At first it was sort of cute and playful, but when she kept asking, he was all, "No! I'm not giving you my cell phone! Okay?!" Why all the drama cell phone guy? Methinks you are hiding something. It got all uncomfortable at their table. Hell, it got uncomfortable at our table. Mr. Insom and I were like "awkward..." and made faces. We're very mature.

Me: Dark chocolate pot de creme, beurre noisette, and warm beignets. I didn't know what the second thing was, but I sure as hell knew what beignets were. Beignets have never lead me astray. This was so good. It reminded me of my favorite dessert as a kid - Eggo waffles and Haagen Daas chocolate ice cream.


Photobucket


Him: Peanut butter and milk chocolate gianduja, peanut honeycomb parfait. Again, had no idea was a gianduja was, but when our server described it as a "peanut butter cup", we knew we were in for a good time.


Photobucket

All in all, a delicious meal. I would definitely go back to Redd.

We weren't the only one basking in comfortable post-meal after glow. The phone asshat let out a huge fart that was distinctly audible. No apologies or anything. Such a boor! Honestly! Here he is post-fart. I took this pic on the slyyyy. Note the attire. We went home to change from before showing up. This guy rolled up right off the golf course.

Photobucket

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Shade is GOOD for photos! You don't want blazing sunlight!

I think this meal looks magnificent. Too bad about farting guy.

Grace said...

I agree that the phone guy was hiding something. The public fart would put me over the edge. Boor is right. I am LMAO that you took a photo of him.

I had to Google gianduja, lol. It sounds and looks good.