Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Missed my date with Deppstiny

It's late. Please excuse the title.

Last night I totally missed a golden opportunity for my blog. I stumbled onto the movie premiere for Public Enemies, Johnny Depp's new film, during my errand to Bel Air camera. It was LA finery at its best - French tourists, people holding up cameras, random shrieks for no apparent reason, assholey "cops", bleached blond ladies with skin tight outfits, sports car driving bluetooth-wearing tan men, etc.

I waited with the masses, hoping for a glimpse of something. But I saw nothing. And worst of all, I didn't have a camera as my cell phone was dead. Eff!

So I have to redo it.

The next one in my area is a Matt Damon film, but I'm going to be out of town. Bummer.

So it looks like I'll be a paparazzi-in-training for....

Sony's
"Julie & Julia"
(Starring: Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, et al.)

Monday, July 27, 2009 - time TBA
(arrivals are likely to start between 5 PM and 6:30 PM)
Westwood Village


Awesome.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I liked Amy Adams in Enchanted. I like Johnny Depp way more though. Bummer that you didn't catch him at the premiere. He looks really good in the billboard ads for his new movie.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

I would totally be screaming for no reason. he he.