Monday, October 27, 2008

More No on Prop 8

Tonight I waved some Prop 8 street signs on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Robertson in West Hollywood with 10 other volunteers. It was fun and we received a lot of support in the form of supportive honks, thumbs up, applause, and wooos! Multitasker that I am, by waving my arms outstretched, I managed to do a series of exercises to work my deltoids, shoulders, pecs, and triceps. Two of the volunteers were wearing matching t-shirts emblazoned with their wedding picture - the two of them in front of an oceanic backdrop wearing white tuxes smiling alongside two other men in black tuxes.

One girl yelled "Vote Yes for Jesus" from a moving car and some one else yelled either "Get a Job" or "Good Job" - we weren't sure, but chose to go with the latter. Those were the only questionable comments...

My ballot arrived in the mail today, and I'm so excited to vote and do my civic duty... I must admit that I smiled when I saw Obama's name on the ballot. What an exciting election this will be! I'm even more thrilled that I'll get to skip the projected crazy lines.

And I've been selected as a "dispatcher" on Election Day, which means that I'll be going to a variety of polling sites to offer support and materials or something of that nature. My trusty iphone will be invaluable for helping me navigate around town.

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I'm sure it was "good job." :)

Feminist Gold Digger said...

I think all of the rover's should rent rovers on Tuesday. Just seems fitting.